The penultimate episode of Bones is full of surprises.
On Bones Season 12 Episode 11, “The Day in the Life,” the team investigates a murder that leads them to realize Brennan is in grave danger. Meanwhile, Zack’s trial date arrives, and Aubrey and Jessica discuss their future together. (Spoilers ahead!)
I got an early look at this episode, and I have to say, it doesn’t disappoint. Not only is it surprising and intense, but the way the story is told makes it particularly memorable.
As usual, when I do previews like this, I don’t want to give too much away, but I do have just a few additional hints as to what you can expect! Here they are.
1. Hodgins has the chance to demonstrate his bartending skills, and he has a little too much fun with it.
2. Cam makes a surprising decision that could affect someone else in the lab in a major way.
3. Some familiar faces return, including Avalon (Cyndi Lauper) and another character we haven’t seen in a while.
4. Brennan gets a popular saying very, very wrong.
5. Booth finds significant meaning in a photo.
6. Angela gives Aubrey some much-needed advice.
7. This quote: “I think I’m probably one too many drinks in to be holding a child.”
8. And this one: “Sometimes — not often — I underestimate you, Dr. Brennan.”
9. You may very well forget to breathe during the last few minutes of the episode. Be prepared.